Certified Nose Work Instructor
Certified Official NACSW
Kristina likes to try new things with dog training and in life. She’s had owned a variety of breeds of dogs and has played in agility, obedience, working dog sports, tracking, herding, and nose work. She believes in helping teams find that “spark” in their relationship that develops a stronger connection. Kristina has been dog training since 2003.
She is the organizer for the Joriad (Truffle Dog Competition) and trainer for the Oregon Truffle Festival coaching teams to find truffles in the forest.
Kristina has been in nose work since 2009, became a Certified Nose Work Instructor in 2013, and is a Certifying Official for the NACSW. She also travels around the US videoing nose work trials, has been to over 300 trials, and watched 10,000 hours of dogs searching. She loves nose work because it is a “window into the dog’s world,” it is a sense only the dogs can show us and by listening to them we learn, it is a sport that the dog’s teach us.
Barn Hunt Judge,
AKC Scent Work Expert Judge
Sandra never had a dog until 2010 when she acquired two Shiba Inus as companions, Maluko, a 5-year-old female, and a 9 months old rehome boy, Koji, from a local show breeder. Sandra quickly immersed herself in dog training and all things dog. Sandra competes in multiple dog sports and has achieved many titles with her two Shibas: Agility (MACH4), Rally (RAE), Obedience (BN, CD), Barn Hunt (RATCHX11), Nose Work (ELT-CH in NACSW), Scent Work, Coursing Ability Test (CAA) and Therapy Dog (THD).
Sandra is an avid Nose Work / Scent Work competitor since 2011. She enjoys training and competing with her dogs and has successfully competed with 4 of her five dogs with vastly different temperaments and styles. She also handles her friend’s dogs: Dachshunds, Border Collie, and Australian Shepherd occasionally, and has earned many titles and placements.
Sandra has great success with her Shibas in Nose Work:
● Koji earned the NACSW ELT-CH title.
● Maluko earned the NACSW ELT1 title.
● Youngest Shiba, Taiyo, is currently competing in the NW3 level.
Cajun, Sandra's 4-year-old Australian Shepherd, is an extremely talented Nose Work dog:
● passed ORT for all three odors at 6-month-old
● earned NACSW NW1 title at 13-month-old
● earned NACSW NW2 and finished NW3 Elite title at 17-month-old. Cajun earned his NW1, NW2, 3 NW3 (NW3 Elite) titles in 5 trials, qualifying every time he was shown.
For Cajun’s three NW3 attempts, he earned two HITs and one 2nd place overall, and, all with “Pronounced” designation from the judges
● Cajun competed in the NACSW Elite division with many placements and finished his Elite Champion (ELT-CH) title at 2 years old. At 2.5 years old, Cajun earned the prestigious NACSW Summit (SMT) title, with a 3rd placement overall.
Sandra is a licensed Barn Hunt judge and an AKC Scent Work expert judge.